Softball Manitoba Looking for 2023 Western Canadian Softball Championship Hosts
Softball Manitoba looing for a Host for the 2023 U17 Girls/Boys and Senior Women/Men Western Canadian Softball Championship.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOST
- Agrees that the Host Chairperson/Representative will not be affiliated, in any way, with any of the participating teams.
- Agrees that the sponsoring group will become a signatory to this agreement and shall indemnify and hold harmless WCSA from and against any financial loss, debt of liability arising out of the Championships.
- Agrees to undertake liability insurance coverage for all reasonable hazards pertaining to the Championship.
- Will submit to the Provincial/Territorial office, at least two (2) months prior to the Championship, a list of recommended accommodations including facilities and price, as well as submit same to the other P/T offices for distribution to their participating teams.
- Agrees to provide sufficient diamonds for each category in the Championship (approved by the Provincial/Territorial Association).
- Will provide ‘double bases’ for each diamond used in the championship.
- Agrees to provide a change room at the ball park for the umpires.
- Shall be responsible for securing additional required WCSA official softballs (above the allocation provided), as well as a powdered rosin bag for all games, on all diamonds in the all fastpitch softball games. The WCSA official softballs are Rawlings for FP and Worth for SP, of which the WCSA will provide five (5) dozen per category.
- Will provide qualified personnel for the following: a) Scorekeepers and groundkeepers
- Shall be responsible for press facilities, including but not limited to, a press box.
- Shall not issue any press release(s) on the policy of the tournament without WCSA approval.
- The Host agrees to comply with any sponsorship agreements the WCSA has in place (Rawlings). Will assist in putting up corporate sponsor banners at their Championship site as designated by the WCSA and be responsible for their return to the Provincial/Territorial office.
- If the host agrees to publish a program the sale of the same, all receipts from advertising and sale thereof, shall be the property of the host absolutely. The host agrees to provide the WCSA and the Provincial/Territorial Association of the host, one page of advertising without charge. (See Host Chairperson/Supervisor guidelines, a letter from the WCSA Chairperson and sponsorship advertising should be included in the program).
- Shall follow WCSA/Softball Canada protocol in the Opening ceremonies, and shall receive approval of the procedure being used, prior to the championship. The Opening ceremonies shall be conducted on the first day of competition.
- Will provide the following awards (trophies):
- ADULT CATEGORIES:
- The winning teams must be issued a ‘keeper’ trophy/plaque supplied by the host committee.
- MINOR CATEGORIES:
- A player of the game award for both teams in each game of the Championship.
- Agrees to take pictures of the top three teams and submit same with the Championship report.
- Will provide adequate room(s) for the Coaches/Managers meeting and the Umpire Meeting, to be held prior to the championship, as outlined in the WCSA bylaws. (The Western Canadian Supervisor will the chair the Coaches/Managers meeting.)
- Agrees to block book hotel rooms for the officials. It is preferable that this be at a different hotel than the teams are staying. Eight rooms are usually appropriate. Each room should have two beds. The payment of rooms for the tournament is the responsibility of the H o s t Province/Territory who then invoices each P/T their allocated expense.
- Agrees to book the hotel room for the Western Canadian Supervisor for the duration of the Championship. The payment of the room for the tournament is the responsibility of the Host P/T.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOST
- In lieu of a percentage of the gate, the host will pay the WCSA:
- $250.00 per adult category (Male and Female)
- $100.00 per minor category (Male and Female) c) A complete report on the championship must follow the event.
- There shall be no complimentary tickets, other than those issued to and by the WCSA, officials and their delegates. All teams competing in a championship will be entitled to admission passes for those listed on the OPL only. Passes should be issued to all Provincial Directors who are in attendance at the Championship.
- The host agrees to assume the cost of the following:
- Ceremonies, meetings, advertising and prizing.
- Ground transportation of the officials to and from the host airport, hotel and tournament site.
- Social Event (optional) and a nominal fee may be charged.
- Umpire-in-Chief and Deputy Umpire-in-Chief working a Western Canadian Championship will be paid a UIC/DUIC Fee of $50.00 per day per person that they are on site. Each umpire will be paid games fees of $30.00 per person for a three-umpire system, and $35.00 per person for a 2-umpire system for all adult categories. Minor Categories will be $25.00 per person for three umpire system and $30.00 per person for 2 umpire system.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE WCSA
- Shall, in consultation with the Host, prepare and approve the draw. The WCSA will then forward the draw to the Western Canadian Supervisor and the Host, who in turn will forward same to participating teams.
- Shall provide:
- Awards as outlined in the WCSA Special Operating Rules (i.e. Medals),
- five (5) dozen of the WCSA official Rawlings softballs,
- Sufficient line-up cards for use in the Championship.
- Shall approve the teams/players wishing to participate in the Championship.
- Shall, in conjunction with the host, conduct the coaches/managers and umpire meetings prior to the commencement of the Championship.
- The Western Canadian Supervisor shall appoint the Protest Committee. The Protest Committee will be made up of no less than three people, which will include the following:
- Tournament Umpire-in-Chief,
- Western Canadian Supervisor,
- Host Chairperson/Representative/Designate, provided by the Host Committee.
- All decisions rendered by the Protest Committee shall be final, with no avenue for appeal.
- All negotiations for sponsorship of the Western Canadian Championship must be approved by the WCSA.
View the full 2022 Western Canadian Softball Association Handbook here.