Fill Rule & Player Release Form
- The Fill Rule may only be used to add players to teams who do not have the minimum number of players to field a team. The purpose of the Fill Rule is to help ensure that each region is able to field a viable team. Effort must be made to recruit players in all regions. Special consideration will be given to areas that have an adequate number of players, but do not have pitchers or catchers
- The ‘fill’ athlete must be a fully eligible player as defined by Softball Manitoba and have attended the tryouts in their home catchment area, but not have been selected to their home region’s team.
- No eligible athlete trying out for their home region can be displaced by a “fill” player from a different region.
- The Softball MB Board of Directors will confer with the relevant coaches and regional reps to determine the fill(s) based on availability, need and geographical proximity.
- All “fill” players will return to their home catchment area for tryouts the following year.
- Once a “fill” player has been released from the team in their catchment area for 3 consecutive years, the player will no longer be considered “property” of their home catchment.
Maximum Fill Players per Team:
Organizations/Teams applying through the Fill Rule may add a maximum of three (3) ’fill’ players to bring its roster up to eleven (11) players. Fill Rule numbers reflect Minor Division Operating Rule 3.F2. (Provincial Competition - Pick-ups).
Fill Rule Tracking Information/Information Required:
Fill Rule information required by Softball MB for processing requests is the direct responsibility of the Organization applying. Data received will be recorded and applied to decisions regarding Player Movement Requests. This information also provides the Association with a history on Player Movement (Registering Out of Region) plus overall aspects of Regional & Organizational Stability.
Organizations requesting player(s) through the Fill Rule must provide the following information:
- Number of players that attended tryouts and how many were released.
- How many are on their current roster.
- Releases from these player's home region, signed by the League/Organization President.